Yummy healthy harm free almond milk!!!
- 1 cup raw almonds soaked over night
- 3 cups filtered water
- 1 teaspoon natural vanilla extract or a few drops of natural almond extract
- 3-6 pitted dates, 2 – 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup, or other sweetener
- To soak the almonds, place the almonds in a glass bowl or large jar, and cover with filtered water and 1 teaspoon Celtic sea salt for about 12 hours. Once soaked, drain and discard the soaking liquid (do not use this to make the milk). Rinse the nuts several times to remove any of the anti-nutrients and enzyme inhibitors.
- Throw the rinsed almonds vanilla, dates and water in your blender and blast on high for about 60 seconds until completely pulverized. You can drink this without straining if you like rustic whole milk. It has more nutrients and fiber not strained. But, for a more commercial-style milk strain, if desired.
- To strain the milk use a nut milk bag, fine mesh strainer, or fine mesh knee-high hosiery. A bag will yield the best results. (You can find these easily from health food stores or from raw online stores. Make sure you wash the bag as soon as you are done so you can reuse again and again.) Place a nut bag over the opening of a wide mouth mason jar or jug. Pour small amounts of almond milk into the bag, and then squeeze it like a cow teet until every last drop is out. Then remove the almond pulp, set aside and keep repeating the process. Make sure you squeeze the cloth to get the last bit of liquid out. This is the creamiest yummiest milk you’ve ever tasted!!!
- Store in a glass jar in the fridge. Activated almond milk (made with soaked almonds) will keep for 2 to 3 days in a very cold fridge.