Ayurvedic Fall Tooth Powder
- 4 tablespoons bentonite clay (You don’t need an expensive brand – something like thiswill work well)
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 ½ teaspoons finely ground unrefined sea salt.
- ½ teaspoons clove powder.
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon.
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground peppermint leaves, spearmint leaves or 5-10 drops peppermint essential
- ½ teaspoons Haritaki powder – optional
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger powder
- ¾ teaspoons activated charcoal – optional
Using a stainless steel or plastic spoon, mix all ingredients in a clean glass jar. To use, add a little to a wet toothbrush and brush as normal.
Feel free to add or adjust ingredients based on your constitutional needs. If, for example, you have very sensitive teeth, then you might want to skip the baking soda and salt, or if you have lots of stains you’re concerned with removing then add a little more activated charcoal to the recipe.
If you find fall increases congestion then you may want to add 1/4 teaspoon cayenne powder.
Learning to align all of our actions with nature is a key concept in Ayurveda. This simple tooth powder recipe in many ways helps to keep the qualities that often aggravate us this time of year at bay. Heres to a happy health mouth.
For more Ayurveda and Yoga inspired living tips please sign stay connected.